Let us go to the step by step preparation of vegetable stew
1. In a pressure cooker, take all the chopped veggies with onion, ginger, garlic, green chilly,and whole spices.
2. Add salt to taste.
Add one cup of thin coconut milk and pressure cook it on high flame for one whistle. Open the lid when the pressure releases.
3. Mash vegetables with the back of the spoon and cook again on medium low flame until it reduce to half.
4. Add thick coconut milk, give a nice stir and immediately switch off the stove while it start to boil. (do not boil).
5. Season with coconut oil and 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, Mix well and keep covered for a few minutes.
6. Vegetable stew is ready. Serve with appam, idiyappam and chapati.
- You can also add cauliflower, cashews and raisins.
- You can cook vegetables in pan method also. In that case use one and half cup of coconut milk.