Today, I am sharing a simple recipe to beat the summer. It is a yogurt based drink, a body cooler and perfect for this hot summer to quench thirst. Mango lassi where the mango pieces are blended with yogurt and sugar. Curd or yogurt is always considered as a body cooler and it is served in summer all over India. Even if bottled soft drinks reduce its popularity, but still it is the healthiest option, I think.
These lassi areeasily available in supermarkets and I used to by this from the beginning. but you know, that ready-made lassi is always too sweet and a small packet is enough to fill our bellies. So these days, I am preparing this at home. Really happy with it. There are so many variations of lassi but my favourite is this one. Try this...... You will also love.
Before starting the recipe, do check the sweetness of mangoes and curd. Because different varieties of mangoes also taste different. Some are sweeter, but some others are less sweet. Like this sourness also different. So the amount of sugar, you have to adjust according to the taste of these two ingredients.
Also, choose mangoes with less fibers. I used bangenapally mangoes here. any ways, choose sweet, well ripenend mangoes for good lassi.
Step by step preparation of mango lassi
- Take mango pieces, cardamom pieces and water in a mixer grinder. I used about 1/2 cups of water. You can omit water, if you want a loose consistency. You can use milk instead of water.
- Grind till smooth and should be without any pieces.
- Add curd, half of sugar and ice cubes. Mix again. I usingn only a half portion of sugar now and can be adjusted at the end. The amount of sugar depends on the sweetness and sourness of mangoes and curd. Add more if needed.
- Blend once again till everything combine well.
- Mango lassi is ready. Transfer into glasses and garnish with mango pieces and mint leaves. Serve chilled.
- Choose sweet mangoes with less fiber content.
- Also, the amount of sugar depends on the taste of mangoes and curd. Do a taste test before blend.