Soya chunks or soya nuggets which also known as meal maker, is used as a meat analogue or meat substitute by vegetarians. I tasted this recipe after my marriage only. Being vegetarians my in laws were using this highly protein rich soya nugget as mock meat. This is a simple, tasty,and easy to make dish. Try it..............
Let us go to the step by step preparation of soya nuggets capscicum masala
- Boil water in a pan, add soya chunks and let it boil for one more minute.
- Turn off the stove and leave it for five minutes till they turn soft. Squeeze off excess water, rinse with fresh water and squeeze again. Repeat this process two to three times to remove the frothy liquid which may upset your tummy. Cut nuggets into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute capsicum for one minute and keep aside.
- In the same oil, saute onion, ginger, garlic and slit green chilies till the onions turn golden brown .
- Add two tablespoon chicken masala (optional),
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- three tablespoon coriander powder,
- one teaspoon garam masala
- and one teaspoon chili powder. Saute till its raw smell leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till it became soft.
- Add soya chunks, salt and fried capsicum and mix well.
- Add three tablespoon fresh cream.
- Add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Cook covered for few more minutes till the soya chunks absorb all spice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Try this dish with chappathi, rice etc.