Let us go to the step by step preparation of mutton chili fry
- Soak red chilly in ¼ cup hot water for ten minutes. After ten minutes, grind soaked red chilies with one tablespoon coriander seeds, four to five garlic flakes and one inch piece ginger and keep aside.
- Heat two tablespoon oil in a pressure cooker and saute curry leaves and chopped onion on low-medium flame till onion turns golden brown in colour.
- Add ground masala and saute till oil separates.
- When the oil begins to separate, add chopped tomatoes and cook till it mash up.
- Add mutton pieces and salt. Saute for two to three minutes.
- Add salt to taste and three cups of water and pressure cook it for four to five whistles. (The time depends on mutton pieces.)
- Wait till the pressure releases completely, open the lid and cook again for another few minutes till it attain a semi gravy consistency.
- Serve with chapati, appam ,idiyappam, rice etc.