Kumbalanga moru curry- Another traditional mouth-watering recipe from God’s own country.
Moru curry is a curd based dish seasoned with coconut. Traditional seasoning with mustard seeds and curry leaves gives additional glance to this dish. Moru curry can be made with different veggies; vellarikka moru curry, pineapple moru curry, chena moru curry are some of them. I am sharing the basic recipe here, you can use any vegetable of your choice.
Let us go to the step by step preparation of kumbalanga moru curry recipe
- Cut winter melon into medium sized pieces and cook with turmeric powder, salt and 3/4 cup water. Cook covered on low medium flame until the pieces became soft.
- Meanwhile, grind coconut to a fine paste with green chilies, pepper corns, turmeric powder, and cumin seeds with 1/2 cup water.
- When the winter melon became soft, add ground coconut paste and cook covered on low medium flame for few minutes or till the raw smell of coconut goes.
- Add curd and sugar, mix well and immediately switch off the stove.
- For seasoning, heat oil in another pan, crackle mustard seeds and saute fenugreek seeds till a nice aroma start releasing, then add red chilies and curry leaves, saute on medium flame for one minute. Pour it to the curry.
- Keep it close it for at least one hour. It taste good on next day.
My Notes On Kumbalanga Moru Curry
- I used sugar to balance the sour taste of curd.
- Also if your curd is not sour and a small piece of raw mango in order to introduce sour taste.