Today my post is about a simple and easy Kerala vegetarian dish, kumbalanga paal curry. (Kumbalanga is the local name or Malayalam name of Ash gourd.) It is very tasty and you can prepare within few minutes. We prepare this at least once in a week. Really goes well with steamed rice. Try it and enjoy .......
Author: Anju Aneesh
Recipe type: Main course
Cuisine: Kerala, South India
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
Direction of preparation of kumbalanga paal curry
Let us see the step by step preparation of kumbalanga paal curry
- Take ash gourd, shallots, green chilies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic in a pan.
- Add thin coconut milk and cook till the ash gourd became soft and water content reduces to half.
- Add thick coconut milk and immediately switch off the stove when the curry starts to boil.
- Season with coconut oil.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
My notes on kumbalanga paal curry
- If you want, you can temper this curry with mustard seeds and shallots.