A few days before, I posted soya chunks capsicum masala , a semi gravy dish. Today's post is another gravy recipe of soya nugget .Soya nuggets are good source of protein and can be used as mock meat. This dish goes really well with chapati, rice, pulao etc. It is a moderately spicy dish. Try this and leave commends.
Let us go to the step by step preparation of soya nuggets
- Boil water in a pan, add soya chunks and let it boil for one more minute. Turn off the stove and leave them in hot water till they soften. Debris settle down, discard excess water and. Squeeze off water, rinse with cold water and squeeze off again. Repeat this process two to three times to remove the frothy liquid which may upset your tummy. If you are using large nuggets, cut them into small pieces.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. Saute ginger garlic paste for a few minutes until its raw smell leaves.
- Add finely chopped onion and slit green chilies and saute until the onions became brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook till the oil leaves.
- Add dry spices like chili powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and Kashmiri chili powder and saute for a few minutes. switch off the stove.
- Make a fine paste without adding water.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the same pan, crackle mustard seed and cumin seeds. Add the ground paste and saute for a few minutes till the oil separate.
- Add soya nuggets and mix well.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and salt.When the gravy reduces to half, add cashew paste and cook again till the the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with chapati, rice, pulaos etc.
- The nuggets should be cleaned thoroughly, otherwise it may upset your tummy.
- You can garnish with coriander leaves.