Sponge cakes are sometimes prepared without baking powder, in that case egg itself function as a leavening agent. But this cake is with baking powder. OK,let us start..................
Rich sponge cake recipe
Author: Anju Aneesh
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: 4 to 5
Preparation time: 40 minutes / Cooking time: 30 minutes /Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Let us go to the step by step preparation of rich sponge cake
- With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whip, beat the eggs and powdered sugar on medium-high speed in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is pale yellow, thick, and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Then add the egg one at a time, beating each time thoroughly. If the mixture curdles while adding the eggs, add a little flour before adding the next egg.
- Finally, fold in the flour and add milk until the batter has dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared round baking pan and level it,
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400 F) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use aside to cool and use as required.
My notes on rich sponge cake
- The ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Take the exact amount of materials as described above.
- The cake tin should be greased and dusted well in order to avoid sticking of the cake.