Kerala egg roast is so popular recipe that is usually served with appam. It consisting of eggs, roasted in masala gravy. It is a typical kerala based dish. My mom used to make this for lunch a few years back. I got this recipe from her. Try it out
Recipe type: Side dish
Cuisine: Indian, South Indian, Kerala
Serves: 3 to 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time:25 minutes / Total time: 40 minutes
Direction of preparation of egg roast
Let us go to the step by step preparation of egg roast
- Boil eggs, remove shell and with a sharp knife, make small impressions on the surface and coat salt, pepper powder, and turmeric powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, and fry the eggs for few seconds. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In the same oil, saute onion, curry leaves, green chili, ginger and garlic till the onions became brown in colour.
- Make a paste of dry powders (chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and fennel powder) with mixed in 1/4 cup of water.
- When the onions became brown, add this masala mix and saute till the oil separate.
- Add one cup of water and salt.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Add fried eggs and mix well.
- Serve with appam, idiyappam, rice and chapati.
You can add dry spices directly (without mixing with water) but cook on low flame otherwise it may burn.