To cook tomatoes
Let us go to the step by step preparation of raw tomato curry
3. Grind grated coconut, shallots, garlic and cumin seeds with 3/4 cup water to get a fine paste.
4. Cook chopped tomatoes, onion and slit green chilies with one cup of water in a clay pot. Add salt to taste on high flame.
5. Cover with a lid. When it boils, turn the flame to low-medium.
6. When the tomatoes and onions cooked, add the ground coconut paste, mix well and cook covered again for two to three minutes or until the raw smell of coconut leaves. Switch off the stove.
7. Heat oil in an another pan, splutter mustard seeds, throw curry leaves and halved red chilies and saute for one minute. Pour on the curry and mix well.
Usually this curry is preparing in clay pot ( Man chatty.)